PRE-ORDER / 50% DEPOSIT - Upgrade Rudder - Cat 30
$1,900.00 Regular Price
50% DEPOSIT toward... Catalina 30 upgrade rudder
Boaters using this rudder often report:
• Crisper tacking
• Lighter helm
• Backs easily in either direction
• Tapered to the tip = easier motoring
• Includes a pair of black rudder washers and an EXCLUSIVE lifting eye to make installation easier... even under water.
YOU MILEAGE MAY VARY
** Be sure to check out the video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl8HL9o2lz0 **
A WORD ABOUT RUDDER SHAFT STYLES.
• The earliest boats came with "B" rudders where the rudder shaft is exposed as it exits the rudder blade at a sloping angle. Typically this is boats built prior to hull number 1330 / laid up in late 1978.
• "A" rudders are typically built after and fiberglass bisections the shaft at at 90 degree angle.
Even later boats had walk thru transoms... starting in around October 1989 with hull number 5820. If you boat has walk thru transom, this ruder shaft will be too longer but you can cut it to fit once you get it.
** ADDING THE "B" RUDDER ADAPTER ALLOWS THIS NEW STYLE RUDDER TO WORK ON YOUR OLDER BOAT BUT WILL RESULT IN AN ADDITIONAL 1" GAP BETWEEN THE TOP OF THE RUDDER AND THE HULL. NEWER CATALINAS LIKE THE 309 HAVE A SIMILAR GAP AS DO MANY OF THE CURRENT GENERATION CATALINAS.
***This item is made to order. The crossed out price represents the full price of the item. A 50% non-refundable deposit will be billed via PayPal upon ordering and the balance due via PERSONAL BANK CHECK / WIRE TRANSFER when it's ready to ship. Product will ship only once the second payment has cleared. This is a time-sensitive contract which cannot be changed, refunded, transferred or credited to another order once placed. 2 - 4 week build time estimated but not guaranteed.*** Crossed out pricing is done as a billing tool only. No overall discounts should be expected.
DetailsBetter than original construction including:
• All 316 stainless steel shaft and web plate
• 16 lb high density buoyant foam
• Multiple layers of bi-axle fiberglass encased in vinylester resin and topped with white bottom barrier coat for maximum protection against water compromising the fiberglass shell. No one else goes this far.
• Off-center molded construction and taped for better protection against splitting while grounding.
• Exclusive built in stainless lifting loop for making installation much easier... even under water. Drop a line down your stern tube. Tie it off on the lifting loop and pull the rudder up into the boat by the shaft. This is the only place you will find this feature. (May need to be cut off to clear you tillerhead as part of the installation.)
• NACA 0012 hydrofoil profile
• Built for "A" rudder (pre-1977ish) boats but an adapter is available for "B" rudder vessels
***This item is hand-made custom piece that's made to order. The crossed out price represents the full price of the item. A 50% deposit will be billed upon ordering and you will be billed for the balance when it's ready to ship. Full payment due within 30 days of completion. It cannot be changed, refunded or credited to another item once placed. 2 - 4 week build time estimated but not guaranteed. Please feel free to check current production schedule. Again... crossed out pricing is done as a billing tool only. No overall discounts should be expected.***